Airudi: your partner in the shift to AI-HR
Senior AI Engineer
Airudi is looking for a talented AI Team Lead to join our team and help us to create state-of-the-art AI solutions at scale.
We offer a fast-paced startup environment where creative, highly motivated, and passionate individuals thrive and maintaining excellent company culture with strong values is taken seriously.
Our business is an exciting mix of both services and software-as-a-service (Saas) products.
About the role
As an AI Team Lead at Airudi, you’ll manage a team of Data Scientists and ML engineers.
As a people leader and hands-on, you will design, build, improve and grow our AI model portfolio that powers innovative HR decision support systems in close collaboration with the ML architect.
The ideal candidate will be an energized leader with experience in AI model development and deployment at scale in a cloud-native environment, adept at creative problem solving, customer success, analytical, and eager to take on responsibility and grow with the business. will enjoy working in a small, startup agile organization and be a part of a creative, positive and quality-oriented environment.
- Lead, coach, and grow a team of data scientists and machine learning engineers
- In collaboration with the ML architect, contribute to the definition and supervise the application of Airudi’s AI development practices
- Translate requirements into the architecture and design the solution blueprint in collaboration with ML architect
- Develop a data science / ML framework that promotes reusability and sustainability
- Ensure the team follows the standard and best practices in coding and data science in general
- Collaborate with PM and support project management activities
- Plan and coordinate internal AI deliveries to software engineering teams
- Contribute to the creation of model-as-a-service solutions
- Act as a customer-facing representative of the AI team
- Plan and execute transforming prototypical and proof-of-concept artifacts into production-ready system components
- Take leadership in technology transfer with our academic research partners
- Hands-on ML model and feature development for AI Decisions Support Systems, including deployment
- Develop tools, services, and pipelines to support development and data processing workflows
- AI model performance evaluation and improvements
- Participate in Agile ceremonies
- Participate in architecture and design reviews
- Peer review of code
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technology trends in order to provide forward-thinking recommendations to the business
- Maintain an excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Acquire gradually relevant HR domain knowledge
Required Skills and qualifications
- 7+ years experience in data science, machine learning engineering, or other closely related roles
- Experience as a people leader, including hiring, coaching, and evaluating direct reports
- Experience with machine learning concepts such as deep learning, k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Trees, etc.
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Strong practical experience with Python and relevant data science and machine learning libraries, such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, NumPy, etc.
- Experience with at least one Python framework such as FastAPI, Flask, Django
- Experience with cloud machine learning pipelines (ideally on Microsoft Azure)
- Experience with continuous integration/deployment and supporting tools
- Experience with workflow management tools such as DevOps and Jira
- Experience working with databases (SQL and NoSQL)
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Solid software engineering skills, including a good understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Experience with version control systems (preferably Git)
- Functional in a hybrid (partially remote) work environment
- Inspiring leader, data-oriented, continuous learner, critical thinker, self-motivated, team-player, effective communicator
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics or engineering (or equivalent work experience)
- Python, Docker and Kubernetes
- Fast API
- Visual code
- Bilingual (French/English) is a strong asset
- Continuous deployment for machine learning models
- Natural language processing
- Data augmentation
- Big Data
- Microservices architecture
To be part of the Airudis team is:
- Exciting special project work and growth assignments
- Excellent healthcare and benefits
- Permanent remote working
- 4 ½ days’ work week (spend your Friday afternoon with family or friends)
- Ongoing coaching, training, and educational programs